- The Playground Removal has been tabled until we have more legal information and/or options.
- Landscape Update – Brightview has completed the pruning of all bushes and shrubs. The final bed edging is in process. The pond cleanup has been completed. The Ash tree removal and replacement on Torch has been completed. As for Cantera, the Ash tree removal and replacement is scheduled to begin the week of October 9. Twenty four trees will be removed and 16 replaced. The same amount is planned for 2018 at $32,000. The new front entry stones have been installed and irrigation heads were replaced. Fall flowers will be planted in the entry and also the median the week of October 2.
- Property Committee Update – Fifty units were fixed with rotten wood this year. This fall, 32 units will have their fireplace vents replaced, and 22 buildings will have their North side power washed.
- Remember, if you have big items to be thrown away, you need to contact Groot ahead of time!
- There has been a lot of discussion about the hearing on the development of the 28 acre property to the southwest of the Cantera pond. Planned development includes about 60 three-story town homes and a 4 story building with 364 apartments. Retail space with a high-end grocery store are also planned. The Planning Commission has agreed to meet with Cantera Village to answer questions about this development. Please contact Associa if you are interested in attending this meeting! We will post the date/time/place for this meeting as soon as it is set.
- Happy Halloween! If you are participating in trick or treating, please put your porch light on so families know you are taking part.
- Annual meeting is Thursday, November 16 where board elections will take place. We need a quorum, so please attend!
Any questions, comments, or problems, please contact
Associa Chicagoland, 847.490.3833 or