IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT GARBAGE AND RECYCLE COLLECTION
- Our garbage and recycle contractors are Groot.
- Groot collect garbage and recycling on Thursday, except during weeks where there is a holiday when collection occurs a day later.
- Garbage and recycle materials must be put in provided bins. Groot are within their rights not to collect any garbage – even small amounts – that is not put in these bins.
- Note that items too large for the bins (including appliances, mattresses, carpets, furniture, plumbing fixtures like sinks and toilets etc) can be scheduled for pickup for an extra fee. You must call Groot at (630) 587-5673 to make payment arrangements in advance of collection.
- Items should be left at curbside no earlier than dusk the night before pickup, and bins removed and stored inside (not in your driveway) by the end of collection day. Any violation of this process leaves the homeowner subject to the following fine schedule (note that each day trash is left out is considered an “occurrence”):